Jun 19, 2010 at 6:58 AM

From bighairywhiteboy:

* hook up web cam/cameras to it

* a patient tab for those growing for patients

* a financial tab for those who sell to patients or dispensaries

Jun 21, 2010 at 1:15 AM
LuciferX wrote:

Please post any feature requests here

Hope you don't mind. I think we might want to use the Issue Tracker. It has an option to identify things as Feature requests and assign them to developers/releases, etc.

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2010 at 8:46 PM
DenseBuds wrote:
LuciferX wrote:

Hope you don't mind. I think we might want to use the Issue Tracker. It has an option to identify things as Feature requests and assign them to developers/releases, etc.

Ya that looks like a good idea, I'll take this forum down once we start up a sticky thread on RUI ;)
Jun 23, 2010 at 4:06 AM
Edited Jun 23, 2010 at 8:06 PM
Moved items to feature requests. Thanks LX!
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010 at 4:34 AM

If you go back to the issue tracker and click on your item and then click on edit, the work items details with me on the right hand side.  Just change the dropdown under type from issue to to feature or task

Jun 23, 2010 at 4:59 PM
I tried now several times to do the edit thing, when I click edit it pulls up the item but I see no pull downs anywhere on the page, on the right side of the page I have a box that says "Work Item Details" but there are no pull downs there either only links that take me to the issue tracker. Uploaded a file on the Issue#11197 (A "New" button on the "Nutrient" and "Reservoir" tab?) issue to show you what I am talking about.
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010 at 5:21 PM
Bighairywhiteboy wrote:
I tried now several times to do the edit thing, when I click edit it pulls up the item but I see no pull downs anywhere on the page, on the right side of the page I have a box that says "Work Item Details" but there are no pull downs there either only links that take me to the issue tracker. Uploaded a file on the Issue#11197 (A "New" button on the "Nutrient" and "Reservoir" tab?) issue to show you what I am talking about.

I just changed your permissions, can you try it again and let me know if it works?

Jun 23, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Yes I can now do that, thank you! Or I just figured out how to do it but either way, Yes I can!
Jun 23, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I think part of being elevated to Developer means we can also assign items to you via CodePlex. If you don't mind, I'll start assigning you QA work after fixing bugs or new features? You should be able to browse through the source code to the Debug directory and run that .exe. This way we won't necessarily need to package a release for you to test things. Let me know if you need any help w/ this.

-DB

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I have no problem doing the QA thing but I probably will need some help initially with the source code thing but I shouldn't need too much help I hope.  But yeah, let me know what I need to do and I'll hop right on it, see being unemployed has a few advantages but not many.

Jun 24, 2010 at 9:36 PM

To get to the .exe in a new ChangeSet:

- click on Source Control along the top.

- Select the change set you want to test (on the left)

- Click Download. Save the .zip/.rar to your harddrive and extract it to a folder.

- Browse that folder and find (for example) \HERBIQ-60182\0.1\HERB.IQ\bin\Debug\HERB.IQ.exe

That .exe is the last one the developer built (and tested themselves) prior to committing their changes. If that .exe exhibits the expected behavior, then all is well and we can close out the Feature/Fix workitem.

Let me know if you have questions.

Jun 25, 2010 at 5:09 AM

OK - I think I got it, I went to the Source Code page and under Change Set 60445 I downloaded a zip file, extracted it, fired up the HERBIQ.exe file under bin/Debug folders and I tested the Lineage/Info text wrap.  I will say that it is fixed and works as expected.  Now tell me I did what you expected and we are on a roll my friend.  I might actually be of some real help to you guys every now and then. 

Jun 25, 2010 at 6:59 AM
Bighairywhiteboy wrote:

OK - I think I got it, I went to the Source Code page and under Change Set 60445 I downloaded a zip file, extracted it, fired up the HERBIQ.exe file under bin/Debug folders and I tested the Lineage/Info text wrap.  I will say that it is fixed and works as expected.  Now tell me I did what you expected and we are on a roll my friend.  I might actually be of some real help to you guys every now and then. 

You got it.

Jul 29, 2010 at 7:26 AM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 7:37 AM
DenseBuds wrote:

From bighairywhiteboy:

* hook up web cam/cameras to it

* a patient tab for those growing for patients

* a financial tab for those who sell to patients or dispensaries

I would love to see the web cam/cameras feature

also i would like to add:

* More options under the type section of the Nutrients tab, ie I use FLORA MICRO and it falls under the veg and bloom categories, Maybe a "General" or something similar category.

* A notes or information section on the Nutrients tab for keeping notes on different mixes for keeping track of trials.

*Ability to resize the program window.

I really like this program so far looking forward to watching it grow.

Thanks, AeroKing

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Nice program, thanks for taking the time to create.  Here are some ideas that I think would be usefull in future versions:

1. Add the ability to multi select plants so you can change phase in a single click
  2. How much work would it be to create a client server, multi tennant browser or thin client. like iPad/iPhone versions?  Could be a path to revenue?  iPhone version would be awesome if I could post a plant pic direct to the correct plant.
  3. Add keyboard shortcuts for most used commands
  4. Add right click functionality so you can more easily change options on specific items
  5. Add a check box on common dialog boxes to make the pop up not display the message
  6. Add the ability for users to define phase like "Mothers" so I can keep track of my Mother plants
  7. A publish to web function would be interesting.  
  8. Why do you need to show the internal height ID on the plant height table?

BTW I own a software company, maybe I can be of some help in future versions.

Thanks again,

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I have a few ideas as well.. First of all I love the concept.. I think it would help having some more technical data on seeds.. like thc and grow data on a few strains or a few built in filled out sample to edit would make it easier.

Another idea I had for the Herb.IQ is to further customize the light cycle schedules , Ex. sometimes I run the light for 14-18 hours on and 12 off at the end of flowering cycle

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Edited Feb 14, 2012 at 7:13 AM
LuciferX wrote:

I use a Lighting schedule for my mothering bin called Gas Lantern Routine.  In short, 12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off in a 24 hour period.  We use 12-1 or GLR for short.  On the rooms page, I do not see a 12-1 choice under "Lights Cycle On/Off"  is there a way to put this in myself, or could you put it into a future update?

Also, I use Blue Planet Nutrients Elite 3-part.  Grow Micro Bloom.  Could you add that in, please?

Mar 18, 2012 at 4:58 AM

Also, I noticed when "Copy" is used to make multiple clones, there is no choice for what "Room" the clones go into.  One must then select them INDIVIDUALLY and change the "Room", as in my case, to the cloning area.  This could be remedied, either by adding the selection of room to the "Copy" tab, or by allowing the selection in the "Plants" tab of multiple plants to change room.  Currently selecting multiple plants is not able to be done and when clicking save to move the plants to the room only saves one...