Re-design Discussion (Beta 0.1 Binary release 12)

Jun 19, 2010 at 6:51 AM

Interested in feedback on the re-design in Beta 0.1 Binary release 12.

Thx,

DB

Jul 29, 2010 at 7:38 AM

The latest one is the only one I have ever used and have to say I like it tabs are nice has many good features with the room to add lots more. Keep up the great work.

Sep 24, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Wow. I was blown away by this when I found it, and at first i thought it would be a piece of crap. After opening the program and playing with the features (well, not playing, applying)  I was impressed. It is sleek.

I'm using the latest version and there are a few suggestions I have for the team.

(I wish I knew how to program lol)

First, (a huge overhaul), would be to create a finances page. Im sure it would be easy to steal from somwhere else, I dont know.

Basically it could be a really open ended expense page. You could add an item (creating the item name) add the amount, and add it to the expenses column. Similarly a column could be created for income. Then the expenses would be subtracted from the income for the net profit. Im sure you can think of many ways to make this idea more fluid.

Also, I use Herb.IQ for my Co-Op the encryption and password protection is very convenient. It would be awesome if you could create a patient tab. In that tab would be:

Patient Name

Patient Liscense Number

Patient Renewal Date

On the renewal date, the software would generate an alert telling you the patient needs to be renewed.

As a minor note the text formatting on the custom status tab where it says days since event runs into the scroll down menu. Not that big of a deal, I know, but I love aesthetics. :)

Also I saw a post where someone said they would create a website and blah blah blah create a donate tab blah blah.

I really think you should create a donate tab, because you are providing an invaluable service to many people. I personally would love to donate money directly to you- even if you are going to spend it on yourself. Dude, you and the team really deserve it. And it would motivate you to continue development.

Cheers!

PS I am emailing this to you too.

Sep 24, 2010 at 9:27 PM

It would also be cool if we had a 'Mother' Stage for the plants. I get mine lost in the shuffle.

If you create a patient tab, it would be great if you can attach a photo per patient to so we can store a photo of there license.

Looking around here more i saw a suggestion for a genetics tracker.  I think this is a great idea. In that section you should also have a storage tab and within the storage tab you should be able to write:

Seed Name:

Date Stored:

ID #:

Stored within the encryption, so the seeds are secure and people wont know which is which without authorization. :)

One last thing, could you create a full screen mode? I dont know how difficult that would be but I would really appreciate it. I like to have the whole screen up, or at least the option.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Sep 24, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Thanks!! Some of these suggestions are planned. There's just two developers really at this point and we both have full time jobs so we're doing this more as a hobby than anything. While we appreciate the thought re: the donation, we prefer to remain 100% anonymous and are not interested in accepting anything at this point.

FYI - we have a thread going on RIU and have moved the project to SourceForge.  Hope to see you there!